Thursday, April 6, 2017

Bittersweet announcement

Many of the FCC members have heard the news already, some of my followers outside the club may have not.  It is with a heavy heart that I need to announce my leaving Findlay Country Club.  I have accepted a position of Property Manager in Grand Rapids, Michigan and will be leaving FCC on Friday, May 5th. 
 
Findlay Country Club has been especially good to my family and me.  As I told the Board, you have met and exceeded my expectations in many ways.  While I am excited for this new opportunity, I am saddened to have to leave FCC and the many friends, co-workers and members that I have worked with.  The choice to leave FCC was a hard one for me, and in the end, it came down to the opportunity to be closer to our family.

You may have a few questions regarding my new position and I would be glad to speak with anyone individually.  I have offered my assistance to the Executive Committee in their search for the next Director of Grounds.  I am fully confident that you will find a competent individual that will embrace FCC and provide you with an outstanding golf course.

Over the next month, nothing will change in my expectations on the course conditions.  I wish FCC all the best and will look forward to seeing you at the Club over the next month.

 
On a 'blogging' note, I plan to keep making posts up until the end, stay tuned.