To allow for changes to our practice areas, and provide a better overall use of our space/property, a new par 3 10th hole is planned. The tees for the 10th hole would be where our current practice putting green is now - using the lower half of that practice green and converting it into a tee. The new 10th green would be placed across the valley where the current forward tee on 12 is. After this hole is constructed, our current 10th hole will become the 11th hole and the current 11th hole will become 12. From there we continue on to the current 13.
Here are the main changes in the plan outlined below:
- Construction of a new green and bunkers near the current forward tee on 12.
- Convert part of the current practice green into tee space for the new hole.
- Alter cart paths around the area.
- Allow room for a future clubhouse expansion to the east if that was desired.
- Opens up room to the east of the parking lot for large events (provides green space that is not in play, this was accomplished with our recent 10th hole renovation)
- Allows the 12th green complex to become the short game practice area.
As you can see above, this new par 3 would not be possible until we moved our old 10th tees up. The changes we made on our current 10th hole allows us space to someday construct this hole which will then allow us to adequately renovate the practice facility.
Above is the existing view from the putting green looking towards 12 tee. In this picture are a few trees that have been removed since the picture was taken.
Here is the proposed view of the new par 3 10th hole. The bentgrass tee would flow into the bentgrass approach of the short game area to the right and provide a look as outline above. I can imagine the beauty of this area after construction, grabbing the attention of anyone walking around the corner of the building. Any guest of the club would sure to be impressed after seeing this signature par 3 and first class practice facility.